Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolution 1: Get Pregnant

Last week I wrote out a list of goals and resolutions for 2013 - 13 of them, in fact. Many were your standardized New Year goals: get fit, eat healthy, be a good person, etc. Because I'm a nerd and love lists, I numbered them according to their importance.

Number one was to try to get pregnant again.

After some discussion with Mr. M, we decided that if we start trying after March and somehow miraculously get pregnant immediately (again), then E will be at least two by the time the next baby is born. We both agree that if the choice is "have another kid now or possibly never," now is worth a shot.

Now I as well as anyone else know that it is RARELY as simple as just "get pregnant." The truth is that with my high FSH we really have no idea what's going to happen. So all of my health goals are tied into doing what I can to maximize my chances - losing weight, following a super healthy diet, exercising and taking supplements. I'm
also going to really try to get my house organized by March because it is in total shambles (behind closet and garage doors, at least) and it really stresses me out.

My yearly check up with my OB, Dr. A, is scheduled for March 7 and I plan on discussing our plans with her then. I don't know if she'll want to check my FSH again, but I would almost rather not know, if that makes sense. She may tell us to go straight to an RE again (we got pregnant while waiting for our appointment two years ago). She may encourage us to try naturally. I have no idea what's ahead of us, but I trust her and her staff implicitly and following her directions has only ever brought good things our way.

I know I've been a terrible excuse for a blogger lately, and to those of you who still stop by to check me out occasionally - thanks you. I will be back in a big way, starting now.

1 comment:

  1. I don't need to tell you that blogging isn't a priority when you have a kid to take care of.

    ReplyDelete