Monday, December 9, 2013

I don't have breast cancer!

WOO HOO!

Went for my biopsy last Tuesday, which was a pretty scary process. They numbed me up good but I didn't realize that when they take the samples, they don't just draw them out with a needle. They like shoot something down into your b.oob with a loud SNAP and it's very intense and startling. They also left a little metal marker in the area to let future testers know it had been looked at.

I wasn't expecting to hear results until Thursday, but the awesome nurse at my OBGYN's office called me on Wednesday afternoon because she had been watching for them. The biopsy was negative for cancer and the mass is basically just denser, more fibrous tissue that they think might have been caused by the radiation I had received for my lymphoma treatment.

I'm sorry I've been so lax about posting, but with cancer scares and Christmas and planning E's second birthday party (that's right, my son will be TWO on Wednesday), things have been more than a little crazy. I'm also on deadline for the magazine that I copy edit, so once that is finished I would really like to just relax and try to enjoy the holidays.

I was supposed to go in for my first "official" doctor's visit last Friday, but it got canceled due to a snow storm in our area. Now I'm going in on Wednesday, and am very excited to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler! I am also hoping they will give me a date for my anatomy scan.

I am 11 weeks today and baby is the size of a lime. I got on the scale this morning and hadn't gained nearly as much weight as I thought, which was a huge relief. My pants have been getting pretty snug but I guess that's just partly baby bump and partly bloating from the progesterone. I'm not sure exactly what I weighed when I got pregnant, but at my best estimate I'm up 4-5 pounds, which is probably mostly just holiday weight gain anyway. My mother-in-law did tell me last night that I have a baby bump (not in a mean way), which made me kind of happy.

Well, that's all for now. Back to my editing (and listening to the dulcet tones of my son NOT napping) I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment