Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Terrific Twos and Taking the Plunge!

Well, folks, as of this morning I have made it to 20 weeks - halfway there! My pregnancy ticker informs me that Baby J. is now the size of a cantaloupe, which seems QUITE sizable to me! I am excited to reach the halfway mark, to have made it to the 20s, but I am still very focused on that 24 week mark.

As for taking the plunge...tonight I am headed to a prenatal water fitness class at my local YMCA. My OB is familiar with the class and has specifically given me permission to attend. I admit I am pretty nervous! I'm never one to love being in a swimsuit in general, and the whole added element of uncertainly is making it worse. What will the class be like? Will the other ladies be nice? What if I go to the wrong place? It's always nerve-wracking the first day of a new fitness class, but I know that once I get it out of the way I will feel much more comfortable.

I will say that it is HARD to find a maternity swimsuit for exercise-based swimming. Sure, there are lots of frilly tankinis and teeny weeny bikinis, but for a solid athletic suit I had to search forEVER and wound up paying $70! I know it will be a worthwhile purchase that I can use for (hopefully) future pregnancies too, so that helps.

That's all I've got for now. It's only 9 a.m. and today has already been a super crazy day! But here's my very first little pregnancy update thingy if you're interested...

Wednesday, August 24
How Far Along? 20 Weeks

Maternity Clothes? Mostly right now I'm in dresses, maternity and regular. My belly has "popped" recently and even my stretchy non-maternity pants aren't fitting great. I bought two pairs of maternity jeans last week which I haven't worn yet. I need to invest in some work pants (can't wear jeans to work). Most of my regular shirts still fit.

Weight Gain? About 16 pounds at my last appointment.

Stretch Marks? None yet - I'm using the cocoa butter in an attempt to stave them off!

Sleep? As of tonight I can't sleep on my back anymore (according to my OB), which is going to be a challenge. Sleep comes and goes. For some reason I have been out like a light the past two nights, which is awesome!

Best Moment of the Week: Finally feeling what I know are the kicks and flutters of our baby! Mr. M. can't feel them yet, but I sure can!

Weirdest Comment: No weird comments that I can remember.

Movement? See above. Ready for it to be more regular and definite!

Gender? A little boy. :)

What I miss? Soda and occasionally wine.

Symptoms: Acid reflux, cramping (have been since the beginning), wakefulness, occasional hormonal rage...

Milestones: Halfway there!!!!!

Emotions: Hanging steady so far. I have a really busy week to survive and then things will ease off for me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment