Friday, August 26, 2011

Pee, Breathe, Repeat...

Seems to be the order of my life currently, especially on the days when I drink a LOT of water. Technically, I'm supposed to drink a lot of water every day, but some days it's easier than others.

Yesterday was an A LOT of water day. It was ridiculous. I went to the bathroom before I went to the gym, then walked the five minutes to the gym, and after 10 minutes on the treadmill I had to LEAVE the gym (very small employee facility), walk to the nearest bathroom, then go back. Ten minutes later I had to go AGAIN. But I gritted my teeth and made it through the next 30 minutes (at a very slow incline walk) before quickly stretching and rushing back to the bathroom.

My first couple of nights sleeping with a little pillow under my back to keep me from rolling over onto my back have gone okay. It hasn't really seemed to affect my sleeping, but I toss and turn a lot so there's a lot of pillow moving done each night. My back has been a little sore each morning, but not too bad.

I love, LOVE feeling the baby moving around and kicking. I feel them more when I am stationary - one of my books says that when you are up and moving around the motion kind of rocks the baby to sleep. Of course, now when I am still and realize I haven't felt anything in a while I get nervous. Today after lunch and a sweet lemonade he started moving - I guess sugar gets him going.

Every time I feel a little movement I smile. Just felt one now, in fact.

My attempt at prenatal swimming the other night was a TOTAL fail. The info on the YMCA's Web site was so confusing that I called them with a question. I'm glad I did because I was informed that this week is the ONE week each year when they completely drain the pool and clean it. Sigh. I guess I will try again on Monday.

Wearing my first pair of maternity jeans today. They're pretty comfortable, but I'm having a hard time getting used to the big stretchy panel and keep messing with it. I wish they had a little more stretch in the thighs - I am a pear shape and have a hard time finding a good fit.

Lucked into a HUGE sale at M.otherhood M.aternity today - they had a 40% off sale on already marked down items PLUS shipping for only $6. I wound up with two pairs of workout pants (which is great because mine are getting too tight in the belly), a pair of work pants, a pair of corduroy pants, three sweaters and a wool coat for...are you ready?...a total of $139.25. I still can't believe it! The sale is going on through early September so head over there if you need mommy clothes!

I am SO ready for it to be Sunday. I have a training to run for my local charity organization tomorrow morning from 7:30 to about 2, then I plan on going home and collapsing. Sunday I have a baby shower to go to and then am dropping Mr. M. off at the airport for a business trip. I will have four whole nights of the house ALL to myself, which I am looking forward to! I won't have to cook dinner, or watch car shows or soccer games...I can just park on the couch, graze and watch the R.eal H.ousewives.

Every day brings us one day closer to viability. Hope you have a great weekend, bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment