Friday, January 3, 2014

OB Appointment 14w3d

Had my first appointment with Dr. A., my awesome OBGYN, on Thursday. It started off awesome as the nurse found the baby's heartbeat right away and without all the drama of last time. Baby was plugging right along with a heartbeat of 152.

The first thing Dr. A. said when she walked into the room was, "Well, look at you," with a big grin on her face. For the doctor who told me I probably would never have children naturally or perhaps at all, she could not be more delighted to be proven wrong not once, but twice now. The doctor and all of her staff are all very excited for me and it really warms my heart.

I'm doing pretty well - up about six or eight pounds from before I got pregnant (not sure what I weighed before I was pregnant) and up three pounds since my last appointment, which isn't too bad considering it was Christmas/New Years. I have made a pretty serious promise to myself to really start concentrating on eating healthily.

The one slightly worrying part of my appointment had to do with my still leaky left breast. (I was send for an ultrasound and then a biopsy of it in November when they found a small mass, which turned out to be benign). The discharge has continued and the doctor was scared for a minute when she thought it might be blood, but she did a quick test and it wasn't. She wants to send me for a mammogram pretty soon after the baby is born, just to be on the safe side.

The other really weird thing is that my blood work came back and it turns out I am somehow NOT immune to measles. ??!! The doctor said some people lose their immunity over time and some are just never fully immune. So I have to avoid anyone with the measles (does anyone even get them anymore?) and if I get them it could be fairly serious. There is no treatment, much like chicken pox, so I would just have to let the disease run its course. After the baby is born they will give me a booster shot. Just one more thing to worry about, right?

SO. The big anatomy scan ultrasound has been scheduled for January 30, and I am SO excited about it. I think we might just do a small, fairly simple gender reveal party. I didn't do one with E because the pregnancy was so scary, and I think it will be a lot of fun.

That's all for now, except that I am blogging from my new Mac Book and loving it! Happy New Year, all!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I'll have to have another mamogram after delivery too. Last year in January they found a benign growth in one breast, can't remember which one....shows just how concerned I am right? As for the measles it happens quite often. Last time they checked me they had to recheck because I came back as neutral not positive or negative for immunity. I can only imagine what the last blood work I had done will show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the measles booster three times! So yes, it does happen that people are not immune. My last one was in prep for a FET and I am sure that if I get pregnant by bloodwork will reveal that I am not immune.
    Just avoid large crowds of young children that are not in school.
    Studies show that many children do not get immunized prior to school, especially if they are newly to this country or live in uncertain socioeconomic conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I'm so happy to share this!!! I've been thinking I've lost my mind and it was some mental case. I myself had my tubes tied after my 3rd child. I have a condition that makes having babies so hard on my body. About 6 months ago I too would feel something like "kicks" of course I thought I was out right crazy. I never spoke to anyone about what was going through. How could I? They'd think I was nuts!!! Well my periods have been getting so bad that I reached out to my best friend who also had the operation to see if she had experienced any symptoms with her periods since! Of course we were in the same boat. I broke down and told her I almost felt at times I was pregnant I felt so crazy just typing this out to her. I was beyond nervous she would think it was a nut case. To my surprise she also had similar symptoms. We both are researching what this could be. That's when I came across this website on Google of dr Itua Herbal Center. While scrolling through these comments I stumbled upon how he treated HIV/HHerpes also helped a woman to get pregnant with his herbal medicines. When I read what he had been going through I just broke down and cried for the longest time. Finally I got a help that I ever wanted I and my friend purchase Dr Itua herbal medicines and we both used it which was really effective it cure my cramp issues so I will recommend anyone going through some health issue to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail : drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats-App +2348149277967 He cure HIV/Aids, Herpes, Cancers, And other stubborn disease make sure someone here talk to someone about this who is going through the same thing as us. Ty for sharing. I now know we're not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with HIV and have lived taking ARV and thought of having Herbal medicine to cure this disease completely. I wouldn't be able to bear Vomiting and my tongue would go white because of these diseases called HIV/Aids. I learned to live with it but I have definitely prayed and had hands laid on me, My friends at work knew about my HIV Status so on a faithful day my friend Hannah talk to me about this great man called Dr Itua From west African because my friend Hannah is from West African too she came to acquire degree here in South Carolina, I accepted the challenge and contacted Dr Itua Herbal Center...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com also chats on Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967. Then he delivered his Herbal medicine to me which was labeled as Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cure For HIV/Aids, I took it as he instructed. After two weeks I went to the test and I was tested Negative. I'm still writing on every blog site related to the following diseases such as HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Shingles, Hepatitis B/C, Because he cures this kind of disease.

    ReplyDelete