Friday, September 20, 2013

BFN/CD2

This was meant to be a longer post, but I'm running out the door for a weekend trip so don't have a ton of time.

AF arrived yesterday on what would have been CD 24, and to be honest I was very relieved. Not relieved to be not pregnant, because of course that made me sad, but relieved that at least something happened. That almost three-week wait was kind of torturous. Since I ovulated early, I expected AF to be early and she was, by a few days.

Also, I was relieved she showed up at all. Having the high FSH makes me nervous for DOR/POF. I am also glad to report she came in guns blazing with cramps and a normal-ish flow. Happy, you say? Since I went on a new BC pill about a year ago, my periods have been super light, erratic and off-color, so I am glad to be just normally miserable! Weird, but true.

I "celebrated" her arrival with wine, pizza and a (still not as hot as I would like it to be) bath. The funny thing about eating so healthy for so long is that all the stuff I craved when I first started out doesn't even sound that good anymore. Funny, and kind of awesome.

I'm doing a few things differently this cycle:

I'm taking wheat grass pills (can't stomach the liquid or the powder) because one of my books said some women have reported a decrease in FSH when taking it. It's super good for you and is supposed to help energy levels, so why the heck not?

I bought some Pre-Seed (ahh, the romance of it all).

I also bought the 'Restoring Fertility' yoga series, which has a different yoga routine for each of the four phases of your cycle. I've only tried the luteal phase one, but it was nice and relaxing. I won't be able to do any while I'm away but will start with the menstrual phase on Sunday when I get home.

AF kind of arrived at the perfect time, since I will be away on a mini vacation with my mom this weekend. I can drink some wine and coffee and not have to abstain and arouse suspicions (no one outside of a few very close friends even knows we're trying again).

Also, E learned how to climb out of his crib yesterday, so we switched to toddler bed last night and I spent an HOUR in there getting him to sleep. He slept through until 7:30 a.m., but I do NOT begrudge my sweet Mr. M. for the weekend he has ahead of him! Naptime should be especially interesting.

Well, I'm off to pack. Sending you all love and hope for wherever you are in your journey right now. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I used wheat grass before but I made it into shakes with the powder form. Hope all goes well to lower your FSH levels.

    ReplyDelete