Thursday, October 31, 2013

Ultrasound results

Had our ultrasound today when I am six weeks along. I spent the whole morning totally sick to my stomach with nerves, not to mention fighting the urge to throw up because I had to drink a lot of water and it was not sitting well.

After all that chugging, the tech took one look at my belly with the machine, said, "You have a retro verged uterus," and brought out the wand.

We saw the little sac with a yolk sac in it, but not a heartbeat or a fetal pole. I was afraid this was exactly what would happen. The tech was saying it could still develop when Mr. M. pointed out that I had ovulated pretty late in my cycle (CD 20 or so) and the tech said that made sense because I was measuring at about five weeks instead of six.

SO.

We left with no real answers and later this afternoon the nurse called. She said the doctor was fairly happy with what she saw today, and that since I was earlier than they thought the beta numbers and what we saw on the ultrasound made a little more sense. That was very reassuring - finally some positive news!

So now we wait again until our next ultrasound on November 14, when I will be 8 weeks. I will just continue to hope and pray that the baby continues to grow and develop and be strong and healthy.

We were actually scheduled to fly to New Orleans on Saturday for our anniversary but I have been forbidden to fly. So, we are going to drive instead. It's only about 10 1/2 hours from where we live so it is manageable. I'm hoping it will be just a relaxing, romantic trip full of good food and shopping and all that kind of stuff. It will also help to pass some of the time before the next ultrasound.

So back to the waiting game we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment