Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My First POAS

So on Friday I peed on my very first stick ever! Super exciting, I know. For some reason I had it in my head that I was supposed to do it first thing in the morning, like a pregnancy test. So I blearily stumbled to the bathroom first thing, and after a curse word-filled fight with the box and the test stick, I did it.


I put the damn stick in backwards. Note to self: next time, read instructions FIRST, then take test.

So I've been POAS (correctly) every day since then. Today is actually day 14 of my cycle, so now is when I start to get really nervous. There are so many variables. This is my first cycle since stopping my birth control pills, so I have no idea what the cycle length is going to be. Also, with my high FSH, I don't know if I will actually ovulate at all, which is nerve-wracking. So today's post-work POAS is going to be a little more nerve-wracking. And the longer I go without a smiley face, the more upset I will get.

I guess there's some part of me that is convinced that somehow, I will ovulate AND get pregnant on the very! First! Try! and I won't even have to mess with this whole thing.

It could happen. Right? Maybe? In Neverland?.......Bueller?

In other news, I lost about seven pounds during my first two weeks on the S.outh B.each diet and am fitting into clothes that I definitely did NOT fit into last summer! Since the very first strict two weeks I've been trying to stick to the more moderate program, but I keep slipping up in little ways during the day. It's frustrating to me because I KNOW that following this plan will help me become more fertile, especially if it takes some more weight off of me. Why can't I just recognize how important it is and just stick with it?

My A.mazon order and FORTY fertility sticks arrived, and along with it came a fertility yoga DVD. I had visions in my head about getting up before work every morning and doing yoga, but until we clean out our back bedroom and I can do the yoga without two "helpful" dogs in my face, I don't think it's going to happen.

Had my first experience with what it's like to have (extremely mild) morning sickness today. I tried some new prenatal vitamins that came with a DHA/EPA supplement. I took them with my fruit and yogurt smoothie and five minutes later was bolting for the work bathroom. I didn't vomit, but MAN did I feel rough. After a couple of short minutes it passed, though, for which I am grateful.

That's all for now. Here's hoping for a smiley face!

No comments:

Post a Comment